Goodman Manufacturing - GOODMAN classaction LAWSUIT being filed

Nov 26, 2011
review #277428

A attorney has contacted me in reguarding to filing a class action lawsuit against Goodman manufaturing

please the following info

a CLASS ACTION LAWS SUIT IS BEING LOOKED INTO NEED TO GATHER INFO FOR THE ATTORNEY out of Columbia,SC

PLEASE Send the information for me to send to the attorney

NAME

ADDRESS

CITY,STATE

PHONE NUMBER

MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER

what problem you were having and dates to:

brownjeffrey1661@yahoo.com

the more we get the better it will be for the attorney to decide to pick up the case.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A HOAX!!

PLEASE RESPOND..... WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOSE

65b845b
Had an experience with Goodman Manufacturing?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Walter

Apr 02

March 2014 They have a coil leaking problem and they know it, going to repair for the 3rd time today and goodman will do nothing! Unite is only 3 years old and costing me a bundle

Nov 05, 2013

HVAC contractors... I am a fellow hvac contractor and have posted on this thread. I am currently involved in a lawsuit against Goodman for their business contract breach, and other damaging offenses. If interested in joining the lawsuit, please write to me at garyhouser@msn.com. I'm in Georgia.

Apr 24, 2013 Conyers, Georgia

I have sold over a million dollars of Goodman/Amana equipment with a very high recall ratio. I have sold 395 extended warranty contracts valued at $50,100. They will not honor ANY of the contracts, and will not allow me even to get a FAILED PART replaced. Have to go through a friends account. I have attempted to work this out with corporate to no success. I have now filed my lawsuit against them. Goodman counts on us not doing anything and because it is a huge step to take... We don't do anything. I'll put updates on my case. I see on this site as well as talk directly with other contractors and this is the way they do business on a daily basis.

silverfox1958

Dec 29, 2013 Easley, South Carolina

This is bull. I have been an Amana dealer for 6 years and have sold the labor warranty with every unit which is well over 150. I have had to work on many under warranty of not only the ones I have put in but on other company installs. I have never been turned down for parts or labor. I have been paid every time.

Dec 29, 2013 Atlanta, Georgia

No bull here! Hard to believe, I know. 150 over 6 years is a respectable yet small amount. I would not have had any issue had they paid their warranty claims. They have a very high failure rate which causes more claims. I have resorted to running claims through a contractor friend of mine just to get paid something. I currently have 31 claims which date back as far as December of 2012, and all are in the name of his company, not mine. He is an active customer in good standing, yet these claims are pending. My point is that I am not the only one. i know many contractors who receive this type of terrible response to the payment of warranty claims. My friend does not get turned down either... just ignored!

GOODMAN HEAT PUMP JUNK

Feb 28, 2013 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I HAD A NEW HEAT PUMP SYSTEM INSTALLED IN FEB. 2010. IN AUG 2012 THE REFRIG. LEAKED OUT. IN FEB. 2013 THE REFRIG. LEAKED
OUT AND THE EVAPORAITON COIL WAS DEFECTIVE AND NEEDED TO BE REPLACED AS WELL AS THE REVERSING VALVE. THE ORIGINAL COIL WAS MADE TOR THE LOWER PRESSURE FREON AND COULD NOT WIHTSTAND THE HIGER PRESSURE OF THE 410A REFRIG. AND THE REPLACEMENT COIL
IS MADE DIFFERENNTLY AND OF DIFFERENT MATERAIL.

Shannon D. Barnes

Jan 15, 2013 Bedford, Indiana

I had this system installed September '07 for +- $5,000. June of '10, the reversing valve went bad. Technician says: "Oh no, this doesn't look good. We've been having a lot of problems w/ these RV's in the Goodman." Come to find out, not only did it go out, it was also leaking and released most of refrigerant from the unit. Luckily, the part was under warranty, The refrigerant and labor, however, were not. August '10 the unit stops working again. Due to the leak causing low pressure in my system, the compressor is bad from running w/o sufficient coolant pressure. This also makes me think that maybe, just maybe, my low pressure monitor was bad ! What do you think? Luckily, this part was also under warranty. Total bill, w/o parts mind you, $1,000!! So basically, I have the unit totally re-built in 2010. Fast forward to yesterday, unit's not working. I'm told my compressor is locked up. Tech puts on a hard-start unit and the system still will not run. I call my original installer, and although I put NEW parts in it in 2010, and parts have a 5 year warranty, Goodman will not honor that warranty if the original installation date was in excess of 5 years prior. I think the thing that galls me the most is that neither Goodman nor my original installer will stand by the product. My contractor basically took me for $6,000 and has an "Oh well, you bought it and it's your problem" attitude.

silverfox1958

Dec 29, 2013 Easley, South Carolina

in 2010 there was a lot of reversing valves bad in Trane Goodman and others that was using china products.

sagg99

Oct 09, 2012

model# GSH13030-1 & GSH13042-1 both units indoor coil failed after only 6 years. When we purchased our home from the builder, we never received the warranty paperwork to register the units. we later found the warranty in the attic on top of the unit. Goodman now says since we didn't register within 60 days we are only covered for 5 years not 10. The units were installed in Oct. 2006. We brought the home from the builder May 01, 2007 so the registration period was long past the 60 days limit. If you start a lawsuit count me in. Goodman is the worst, I will never buy any of their products.

Tony P

May 23 Long Neck, Delaware

I am now going through the same exact experience and must determine whether or not to proceed with the $1,500 repair with the possibility of a repeat problem or *** the bullet and replace the entire system with a reliable manufacturer. Any additional feedback would be appreciated.

Carol

Sep 03, 2012

Just another unhappy customer with the same problem. Now we have to replace the coil... Not very happy that this is leaking in my house regardless of where it is located. We are looking to replace the unit, it would probably be cheaper in the long run!

Susan Dodson

Aug 24, 2012

My neighbor and I both purchased Goodman heat pump within and week of each other and have had to replace coils and the freon twice in less the 4 years.The company says because under warranty will not pay for service or the high freon costs. I think the company knows they have lemons and are not providing the customer service they should.

Don C.

Aug 20, 2012

My unit is 1 year old and it has never cooled my home right from day 1, I have spent several hundreds of dollars trying to get it right, many hours on the phone with Goodman mfg. they DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR UNITS ....i have been given the major run around.. Since this unit runs non stop my last electric bill was $600.00 ,I am at my wits end I guess I will contact a lawyer....

tnmann

Aug 10, 2012

i'm interested in a class action lawsuit as well. My units is just three years old and I've had approximately 10 service calls on it. Coolant continuously leaking out, not cooling, replaced the coils. Compressor was making a metal grinding sound. HVAC guy told me they could'nt replace it until it went out. Now it has gone out, I was told it would cost me at least $300. Told them I was'nt responsible for the cost to repair a unit that had been defective since it was installed. Tried to get them to replace it after it was originally installed. Let's get something going on this.

Tonya P in Alabama

Aug 02, 2012

I have issues with the hvac unit leaking. We have put in 1-2 lbs of freon every year since we had the house built in 2005. I contacted Goodman yesterday since the warranty ran out, they said that they would look at my case if I could prove that I had issues with the unit before the warranty ran out. Crossing my fingers and submitting my invoices. We used another repair guy this week and he said the coil had a leak in it and thats why we are having to put freon in it each year.

tonton1908@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2012

I am a hvac contractor for 33 years. I have sold over a million dollars worth of Goodman product with no less than 50% warranty calls. I bought extended warranty claims that they do not pay me for, they do not credit my account for credits they say I have coming, and I cannot even obtain replacement parts from them to fix the faulty equipment they sold to me. Their comment was for me to have my clients just call someone else for service. Cute huh?

Taken

Apr 23, 2013

I'm right there with you. I have not been paid for warranty labor work performed either. Goodman always finds an excuse as to why it should not be covered. I quit selling their equipment all together because of the poor quality and their lack of ethics.

coolman

Nov 04, 2013

I have the same problem here in Baltimore MD. I have been selling Goodman & Amana products for several years now and every time I have a part warranty situation I am told that the unit is out of warranty. I am told that the unit was not registered online within 60 day time period. Funny thing is I have a printed copy of registration in my hand at the Goodman distributor and it still takes them a hour or two to resolve problem. Also with the exstended labor warranty's I seem to also always having a problem getting my money from Goodman for service I have performed for my customers.I just got back from a Amana 16 seer heat pump system that I installed for my customer 5 years ago and the indoor coil has a leak and my customer had a 5 year labor warranty that expired in September 2013.My customer's wife gets online while I am still in basement and finds that there is now a class action lawsuit because of these leaking coils and I am now stuck in the middle of it. I had to replace at least 40 + coils in Goodman/ Amana units in the past 5 years and I have decided that I am done with Goodman/ Amana products and have swichted to another brand. Goodluck !!!

Micha

Jul 18, 2012

We moved into our house 9/2009 (new construction). The freon has been running out and the unit freezing up since May/2012. Our service people thought it was a leaking valve, but finally confirmed a faulty evaporator coil last night (7/17/2012). We were told that Goodman had changed the manufacturing of its coils due to faulty materials and that our coil was one of the faulty ones. We will receive a replacement coil from Goodman, but will have to pay nearly $1,000 for the labor to have it installed (Goodman doesn't cover that). After doing a lot of research, I see that this is an issue for a great deal of the population. Who else out there has/had the same issue?

Showing 1-20 of 24 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Goodman Manufacturing.
Filing a new complaint about
×